Monday, January 12, 2009

January 9: No-spend swap

If you don't count what I spent when I bought stuff before the idea of swapping something for every day in January came to me, I haven't spent anything on any of my swaps yet. Oh wait - there was the origami paper. And postage! But that's all. Still, I liked this idea of this swap, which was to read your partner's profile then walk around the house finding stuff they might like. My partner likes mini things and making stuff, so I sent her some mini-bunny earrings and a heart patch, both of which are available in my etsy shop. I also included some tea bags and some things from my craft supply stash that she might find more useful than I have so far: a few four-inch squares of fabric, another print of the heart but on a plastic bag, a piece of ribbon, a plastic whale from the dollar store, two skeins of yarn with sequins on it, and probably a few other tidbits. There was a minimum monetary value for the swap (as if you were spending - the point was just not to send throwaways) which I far exceeded, but if I'm not using it, it has no value anyway.

No comments: