Monday, January 12, 2009

Incoming: More postcards


I've gotten three more postcards from the postcard swap; the one just below of which is the most interesting textually so far. Ithas a picture of Tolkien's map of Gondor on the front. Apparently the sender lives there with Èomir, whom she makes bathe twice a day. Why, I wonder? Is it the horsey smell? She asks about a haunted restaurant in Philadelphia, which I can only guess is the Cresheim Cottage Cafe, where a 10-year-old Victorian girl haunts the second floor. I've eaten there twice, once with far, far too much brie, and never noticed. I'll invite the sender down from Canada and take her there.


Funnily enough, the person who sent this card also mentions Lord of the Rings, since she lives on the South Island of New Zealand where it was filmed. I wonder how many hours of my life I've spent watching that movie?

No comments: