Friday, January 16, 2009

Incoming: Firsts of the New Year

This postcard came from Mary, who made a list of her new year's firsts a lot longer than the one I sent. She signs off saying, "2009 is going okay for me so far and I hope yours is even better." I have to say it is going a lot better than okay. I found myself making a list last night of all the things I have going for me: Without hardly trying, I'm cooking more and eating well, going to yoga regularly, and drinking only rarely. I'm not doing too much or too little of anything. I'm spending lots of time in my kitchenette studio and I've made some things I'm proud of. I have old friends I love and new friends I really like. My project revising the Switzerland guidebooks for Untours is a lot of fun and I'm doing a good job. All my jeans fit great. So I haven't had time to clean my room and I don't have any long-term employment plans in a tanking economy - I feel happier, more grounded, and more capable of dealing with the problems that do rear their heads, than I ever have while being cognizant of it. And in January, too! If this attitude sticks around until Spring I might overload.

1 comment:

JenMeister said...

That is one happy-tastic hippo :D