Wednesday, January 7, 2009

January 4: Envelopes


These are what I sent for the handmade envelopes swap (see last post for what I got in exchange). My coworkers at Untours have been giving me their old calendars at the end of every year for a few years running, so I had Rail Europe, Carl Larsson, puppies & kitties, English taverns, etc. to work with, plus an atlas of Maine I recently acquired from the Second Mile Center. The calendars had all been used as calendars before they became useful as envelopes (reuse is better than recycling!), so my partner can see what day my coworkers had dinner with friends or gave the dog his heartworm pill:

Here's an aside if there's ever been one: While searching for Carl Larsson the illustrator to get the spelling right, I found this Karl Larsson. Holy crap am I going to see that man when his band tours the USA.

1 comment:

JenMeister said...

Haha... I love that you can see the appointments etc. inside! I like the look of hand-made envelopes, maybe I should make a few... I haven't done so in so long! Been sticking to boring old "post-office approved" ones ;)