Sunday, January 4, 2009

Incoming: postcards

My January 2 postcard swap receipts are trickling in; I have four out of ten so far. The one from @MistyLynne has the best backstory: she sent a postcard with a photo by Harvey Finkle, a Philly photographer whose work I've had the pleasure of displaying in the White Dog Cafe twice (coordinating the art there is another one of my jobs). I particularly love the postcard photo.


Misty writes on her profile, "The latest news from my house in Maryland: My husband and I decided to throw darts at the US map (without looking - that was humorous) and travel to where they landed. The results? This spring/summer, we will be heading to Socorro, New Mexico (his dart) and Jackpot, Nevada (my dart). I can't wait!" I bet all kinds of crazy coincidences will happen on that trip.

This card arrived from @JustMeTH81. My favorite part is the back! In fact it's just why I have ammonite tattoos, to remind me that anything worth doing takes a long-ass time:


I also got one from Battle Creek MI, by which I learned that Battle Creek is a world leader in breakfast cereals. (I'll store that away for the next trivia gameshow I'm on.)

And this one I particularly love. I thought boots were hard to run in:

No comments: