Tuesday, January 13, 2009

January 10: Six word memoirs

The idea behind this one was to write six-word memoirs relating to family and friends and mail them to three partners. I've received them from two of my partners, and the first to come in was so poignant, it inspired me to meditate on mine for awhile (I'll post it when I have all three). The majority of the ones that came out of me turned out to be about two people who aren't my friends anymore, which doesn't make them less important to me. I sent them in cards I potato-printed in 1999 to be invitations to a party that never happened. Click on the image to read them.

3 comments:

JenMeister said...

Cute cards & I love the 6-word memoir idea... I hadn't come across it before. What is it about restrictions that help the creative process? :D

Kate said...

I know! I love working within restrictions. Stretching boundaries & resisting confinement is such a better way to keep a mind limber than letting it flop all over the place with no direction.

JenMeister said...

I saw there's a six-word memoir ATC swap: http://www.swap-bot.com/swap/show/28949 :)